End-User License Agreement can be found here.
Last modified: February 10, 2023
Haiku, Inc., a Delaware corporation (“Company” or “we” or “us”) operates various websites including without limitation www.haikurange.com, www.haikurange.cloud, worldofhaiku.com, haikupro.com, and haikucentral.com (any of the foregoing, and any other website operated by us or through which this policy is accessible, the “Website”). This policy describes how we collect, use, maintain, share, and disclose information about you when you use or interact with our Website, software, platform, or products (including without limitation through the Website, downloadable applications, mobile applications, or other software, or by registering for an account with us) (collectively, the “Service”), or when you communicate with us.
This policy does not apply to information collected by any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from the Service or from third-party applications that we may use to share information and otherwise communicate through. We do not control any third party’s tracking technologies or how they may collect or use your information. You should consult any such third party directly for the terms that govern their collection and use of your information.
Third-Party Payment Processor
Children Under the Age of 13
The Service is not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on the Service or through any of its features, register for an account with us, make any purchases through the Service, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, address, e-mail address, and telephone number (“personal information”); and
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as: (i) IP addresses; (ii) domain servers; (iii) computer and mobile device types; (iv) type of operating system; (v) web browsers and browser settings and plug-ins; (vi) URL traffic to, through, and from the Service; (vii) geo-location information, (viii) pages viewed and other general tracking information and cookies to enhance your experience and gather information about users of and visits to the Service; and (ix) performance metrics and history regarding use of our Services.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you use or navigate through the Service. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Directly Provide to Us
The information we collect that you provide directly to us on or through the Service may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Service. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Service, subscribing to the Service, posting material, or requesting further services. Unless personal information is indicated as required at the time that you provide it to us, your provision of such information to us is voluntary. While required personal information may change from time to time, it typically includes your name and email address.
- Without limiting the foregoing, we may ask you to voluntarily provide information relating to your experience and skills (which may include, for example, your number of years of experience with cybersecurity or Linux) (“skill information”). Providing skill information is entirely voluntary. You are not required to provide any skill information unless you desire to share it with us pursuant to a survey, or unless you desire services that require it, such as job matching or similar services.
- We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Service.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Service and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide personal or financial information before placing an order through the Service.
- Your search queries on the Service.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Service or transmitted to other users of the Service or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Service with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with the Service, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to the Service, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Service.
- Performance metrics and history regarding use of our Services, including without limitation levels completed, skills learned, and the like.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). We do not honor “Do Not Track” signals. We do not authorize third party collection of personal information relating to you or your online activities over time or across different websites when you use the Website, without your separate consent.
The information we collect automatically is only statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve and to deliver a better and more personalized Service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the Service according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to the Service.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of the Service may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on the Service. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Parts of the Service and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited certain webpages or opened an email and for other related statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To provide the Service and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us, which services may include job matching or similar services.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- For data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our products and services, and to rank users’ skills and performance. We may store this information in aggregated and anonymized form so that it is not associated with individual end users and does not include personal information. If we use information for analysis that we share with the public, such as users’ skills and performance generally, we will only display your personal information to show you your ranking against other users and will not publish your personal ranking unless you take affirmative steps on the Website to cause the publication of your personal ranking (e.g. a “Share Ranking” feature). If we publish general information on users’ skills and capabilities generally, we will only do so in aggregated and anonymized form.
- If you opt in, and in such case until you opt out, to provide a publicly available and searchable database of job seekers. You will have control over which information you provide to be available in such database.
- To notify you about changes to the Service or any other products or services we offer or provide though the Website or otherwise.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please adjust your user preferences in your account profile. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information below.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- Actual or potential buyer(s) or other successor in the event of an actual or potential merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information below.
- If you have opted in to any job matching or similar service, to potential employers or other third parties for such purpose.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our User Agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Company, our customers, or others.
- To screen for fraud and other risks.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form). You can also always opt-out by logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile or by sending us an email with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Promotional Offers from Company. If you do not wish to have your email address/contact information used by us to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form) or at any other time by logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile or by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to us as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience, or other transactions.
- Inclusion in Publicly Searchable Database. If you wish to include any of your personal information in a publicly searchable database intended to connect job seekers with employers, you may opt in by logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile or by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will have control over which information you provide to be available in such database. If you wish to opt out of the database at any time, you may do so by logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile or by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If you choose to include any of your personal information in any public database (such personal information, “Posted Information”), your Posted Information will be viewable by the general public at your own risk. For example only, and without limiting the generality of the foregoing, if you choose to publicly post your name and indicate that you are searching for a job, we cannot and do not guarantee that your current employer will not see such information. We cannot control the actions of other users of the Website who may be able to view your Posted Information, which will be completely public and capable of being viewed by any person with access to the Website. Even if you opt out and remove your Posted Information from the database, your Posted Information may remain viewable in cached or archived pages, or it might have been copied or stored by other users of the Website.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative on its website (http://www.networkadvertising.org).
We take commercially reasonable steps to help protect your personal information against loss, misuse and unauthorized access, or disclosure. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to the Service. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Service.
Persons located within the European Economic Area, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom, and those to whom the GDPR otherwise applies by operation of law (collectively, “EU Residents”), may have additional rights under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”). Please see the GDPR for a full explanation of your rights: https://gdpr-info.eu
The legal bases for our processing of your personal information include: your opt-in consent, where applicable; as necessary to perform agreements between you and us, including without limitation this policy and our User Agreements; to comply with legal obligations; and in furtherance of our legitimate interests pursuant to providing the Service.
We may transfer, store, or process your personal information in the United States and any other country where we or our affiliates or service providers maintain facilities. The Service is operated in the United States. By using the Service, you consent to us collecting, storing, and processing your personal information in and to the United States and any other country where we or our affiliates or service providers maintain facilities.
EU Residents may exercise any of their rights in relation to their personal data by written notice to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. We may request additional information from you to help us verify you and the applicability of the GDPR to you and to help us respond to your request.